Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I should have waited...

Today Mike passed along to me a file containing what he claimed to be the new Harry Potter book. I like Harry Potter alright, so I figured I'd save myself the wait and start reading now. I wish Mike had included a disclaimer with the file explaining that it isn't a text file of the novel per say, but instead, 396 pages created by a moron (I will explain) that photographed every page of the book and created a PDF document of it.

Now. Say you've acquired an advanced copy of Harry Potter and possess the desire to take an actual effort in leaking it to the rabid Harry Potter fanboys who are currently living their lives in fear of spoilers. Seriously. I saw a myspace bulletin a friend posted saying he's actually not going on the internet until the book is out. God, my friends possess far more self restraint than I.

I, for one, would consider keeping the pages flat enough to read, not washing the whole thing out with flash, learning to focus the camera, not keeping your fingers (his fingers gross me out too, for some reason) over the damn words on the page...and lastly, and the point of this rant...consider making it an elaborate practical joke by finding the biggest OH NOEZ SPOILERZ page in the damn thing and just laying your cock over it. AND THAT, FRIENDS, IS HOW YOU COULD WIN AT THE INTERNET.