Sunday, July 15, 2007

The space between the stalls in public restrooms

I am standing in the doorway of the bathroom and through the crack in the stall I can see some fat hispanic girl retching over the toilet or she is doubled over trying to pull up some grossly undersized panty hose beneath her short denim skirt.
At this point the mushrooms are hitting hard and I return to the dance floor with a drink I've taken from someones table. When I finish I drop the bottle on the floor delighted at the sound of shattered glass and the gritty feel of it beneath my heels. I sense that someone is glaring but then some shirtless 18 yr old asks if i'll buy him a beer and I say no, but he gets in my face and i push him over into the crowd. He grabs me and apologises, asks if I can swing dance and I say I used to know how but I'd rather not but he twirls me around anyway and mentions that he models for some magazine while my friends laugh nearby.
It am too sweaty and I need water and a cigarette so I walk around unaware that I am walking and watch the lights and video blend into the dancers and see the same five people walk by me over and over on repeat. I'm sorry, I tell my friends. I need to go get lost.

No comments: